Google Analytics

Monday, April 25, 2011

Let's Talk About G LOUNGE

Oh, what I could do with unlimited capital!

But in the meantime, I must confess to some excitement at seeing what I can do on the cheap.

In the first post, I mentioned the sorts of stories I want to read about.

My highest priority targets are the nightclubs. I say this not because I always have a great time at them. Instead, I think it's the opposite: so frequently when I've gone, it seemed like this ought to be something that could be exciting, but in practice usually let me down. A nightclub is like a play where the audience is also expected to perform. In that role I've often wished I'd had a more complete script to review ahead of time.

But sitting at the rail, watching the brood mass and thrill to the music, I've often had the sense that if not I, then at least somewhere very close someone is experiencing a beautiful ecstasy. That honest and irrational joy is the thing I want to see, even if by circumstance and temperament I miss Azusa Street by a turn.

Now, as time and resources permit I will be quite happy to add stories from other spots too. For instance, is there someplace where someone reviews the acts playing at the Tritone on a regular basis?

But back to the subject at hand...let me note what I know about G Lounge.

Generally it's open Thursday Friday and Saturday from 9PM to 2AM. It has a dress code. It is located at the same building as the fine dining at Davios, but beneath street level. If you're familiar with Center City and the Rittenhouse Square area it's separated from the Hotel Palomar by Ionic Street, and it's right across 17th Street from the Hotel Sofitel.

That's all I can write tonight. But while researching, I came across a truly great article at getitinwriting.net. It describes the audio setup in beautiful detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment